Labels

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Episode Review: Stargate SG-1: Window of Opportunity

To start this off, my knowledge of Stargate is about as much as is your knowledge of the office that I work in. That would mean nothing, but oddly surprisingly if you knew a little. And kind of creepy at the same time.

Anyway, last night I was encouraged to watched what I was told was one of the funniest episodes of Stargate: SG-1. It didn't disappoint. Right now I highly doubt I'll have the time to sit down and watch the entire series from start to finish (marathons like that are best reserved for the summer), but it's definitely something I will consider in the future after I've finished watching the seasons of Doctor Who.

Anyway, the episode was Window of Opporunity from the fourth season. Is it bad that I call this episode the "Trouble with Tribbles" of Stargate? Basically it was that, but something completely different. It involved a time loop that two of the main characters get caught in, re-living the same six hours over and over. Over and over. Over and over. Over and....

Yeah, if I were them I'd have gotten serious cabin fever on about the fifth loop.

Anyway, it was a great and funny episode that actually had a really important lesson at the end. However much we may want to be able to relive the important moments of our lives over and over again, in the end they'll just hurt us more, having to relive something that isn't meant to be.

When you think about it, that's extremely deep. Something that few television shows have ever been able to communicate properly. And this episode did show in an extremely comedic (see image), but also an effective way. Also, if I were the main character I'd never eat Fruit Loops again.

1 comment: